This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!
This delicious & easy-to-make Single Serve Healthy Apple Crisp is a quick and easy remedy for a sweet tooth!
Apple crisp for one? Yes, please! I don’t know about you but making a whole apple crisp when I’m the only who’s going to eat it is daunting. That’s a lot of apple crisp, even for me! That’s where single serve comes in handy. So grab those apples while they’re still in season and treat yourself!
Enjoy the coziness of fall in every bite with this wholesome apple crisp for one. Made with a base of ripe and juicy sliced apples and topped with a simple but wholesome crisp. You’ll be capturing the essence of fall in a little ramekin for you to enjoy all to yourself. Plus, it’s completely vegan, gluten free & refined sugar free.
This recipe is adapted from my Healthy Apple Crisp which went viral on Instagram. This single serve version is made with the same ingredients, just scaled down to a single serving.
Why You’ll Love This Single Serve Healthy Apple Crisp
• Less waste – since this recipe makes just enough for a single serving, you won’t have to worry about having to finish all the leftovers.
• Made with better-for-you ingredients – they say ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’…. does that apply to apple crisps? LOL. But seriously, this crisp is made from oats and nuts and it’s naturally sweetened.
• Quicker, easier and cheaper – since you’re using smaller portions it’s quicker and easier to put this recipe together. It’s also cheaper since you’re using less ingredients.
• Still delicious – just because it’s smaller doesn’t mean it tastes any less! Since this recipe is adapted from my full serving Healthy Apple Crisp recipe, it’s made with those same flavorful ingredients, just scaled down to a single serving.
Single Serve Healthy Apple Crisp Ingredients
• Apples – slice the apples thinly to ensure they cook thoroughly and soften. Honey crisp are my favorite apples to use in a crisp.
Thinly slice the apples and add it to a bowl along with coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix everything together. Transfer the apples to a ramekin. In the same bowl (no need to clean it!) make the crisp topping by adding the oats, almond flour, walnuts, maple syrup, vegan butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to a bowl and mix until a crumbly mixture forms. Sprinkle the crisp topping on top of the apples, cover with tinfoil and pop it in the oven. It’s super easy to make and nearly impossible to mess up.
There’s so many different ways to enjoy apple crisp. Most famously, with vanilla ice cream. However, there are some other delicious ways to enjoy apple crisp if you’re wanting to switch it up.
• A la mode – most famously, serve the apple crisp warm with your favorite vanilla ice cream for that delicious contrast of warm and cold.
• A drizzle of peanut butter – apples and peanut butter are one of the most iconic duos, so next time you have apple crisp add a drizzle of peanut butter and enjoy! This is my personal favorite.
• A dollop of yogurt – enjoy this single serve apple crisp for breakfast or as a healthy snack with a dollop of yogurt. Or, layer it in a glass jar to create a fun yogurt parfait!
Tips & Tricks
• Perfect apple – my favorite apple to use when making a crisp are honeycrisp apples. Other popular baking apples include: granny smith, golden delicious and gala.
• Switch it up – not feeling apples? Switch it up and use pears, peaches, mixed berries, or any other fruit!
• Over-browning – if your apples aren’t cooking all the way through and the topping is browning too fast, cover it with tinfoil.
Whether you’re craving a solitary indulgence after a long day or simply want to treat yourself to a cozy dessert, this single serve apple crisp is the ideal solution. The recipe is designed for one, allowing you to unwind and savor the moment without any distractions.
Thinly slice the apples and add them to a bowl along with coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix everything together. Transfer the apples to a ramekin.
In the same bowl (no need to clean it!) make the crisp topping by adding the oats, almond flour, walnuts, maple syrup, vegan butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to a bowl and mix until a crumbly mixture forms.
Sprinkle the crisp topping on top of the apples, cover with tinfoil and place in the oven.
Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the tinfoil and bake for 20 minutes.