Healthy Pear Crisp
Sweet spiced pears are topped with a wholesome nutty crisp that’s bursting with flavor. This Healthy Pear Crisp is vegan, gluten free & refined sugar free.
Move over apples, it’s pears time to shine. Okay, I have to admit, as much as I love apple crisp, pear crisp is REALLY good, too. These pears are spiced and baked to perfection. They come out super soft but not mushy. Paired with the nutty crisp that’s made from oats, nuts, and spices – the combination of flavors will have you dancing.
It’s crazy (and I’m so very thankful) that every single one of my “healthy crisp” recipes has gone viral. From my Healthy Berry Crisp, to my Healthy Peach Crisp, and most recently my Healthy Apple Crisp. They are all so delicious, easy to put together, and made with wholesome, healthy ingredients – hence the name. So, bearing in mind my love for pears, I had to make a pear version.
This recipe is completely vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. It’s packed with sliced pears and topped with nuts and oats for a delicious healthy twist on an old classic. The warm spices and nuts add that notorious autumnal flavor paired with the pears. And don’t forget to top it with ice cream (vegan in my case). There’s just something about warm fruit and cold ice cream… when the textures mend and melt together… pure bliss!
Healthy Pear Crisp Ingredients
• Pears – slice the pears thinly to ensure they cook thoroughly and soften. I used organic bartlett pears.
• Vegan Butter
• Coconut Sugar – just 1/2 tablespoon. You can also use any other kind of sugar (brown, cane, maple, date, etc.).
• Spices – cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger and salt.
How To Make Healthy Pear Crisp
Start by slicing your pears. You can peel the skin or leave it on – that’s totally your preference (I like to peel them). Add the sliced pears to the baking dish and toss with coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger. Make the crisp topping by adding the oats, almond flour, walnuts, sliced almonds, maple syrup, vegan butter, vanilla and spices to a bowl and mix. Pour the crisp topping on top of the pears and bake in the oven. It’s super easy to make and nearly impossible to mess up. Once it’s done baking (the aroma is amazing), scoop yourself a big bowl, top it with ice cream and dig in!
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
Healthy Pear Crisp
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Peel and thinly slice the pears and add them to a baking dish (a 7×11″ dish, 8″ pie dish or similar size will work). Toss the pears with coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the crisp ingredients and mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Pour the crisp mixture on top the pears and evenly distribute using a spoon.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 20 minutes. Then, uncover and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, or until the pears have softened. If the top starts to brown a little too much towards the end of baking, cover with tinfoil.
- Serve with vegan ice cream. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so it should only be used as an approximation.