Healthy Peach Crisp
Sweet peaches topped with a nutty crisp – this Healthy Peach Crisp is made with wholesome ingredients capturing the essence of summer. It’s vegan, gluten free & refined sugar free.
One of the best things about the transition of summer to fall is the abundance of delicious fresh produce, signaling the peak of harvest season. I love strolling around my local farmer’s market especially this time of year. Among all of the delicious produce, it’s the peaches time to shine with their vibrant hues of orange, juicy flesh and sweet aroma capturing the essence of summer’s end. It’s the peak of peach season with the fruit being so ripe and juicy. Peaches taste of the end of summer and there’s no better way to preserve their memory than with this Healthy Peach Crisp.
My Healthy Berry Crisp, which I’ve been making for years, went viral on Instagram, and for good reason. It’s so delicious, easy to put together, and made with wholesome, healthy ingredients – hence the name. Bearing in mind my love for peaches, I had to make a peach version. And I have to say, it’s just as good.
Ripe, juicy, sweet peaches topped with a nutty and crispy topping — this peach crisp screams summer, with a hint of autumn thanks to the warm spices and pecans. Don’t forget to top with ice cream (vegan in my case). There’s just something about warm fruit and cold ice cream and when the textures mend and melt together — pure bliss!
Healthy Peach Crisp Ingredients
• Peaches – fresh or frozen will work, but I recommend fresh if they’re in season. If you’re using fresh peaches, make sure they are ripe and juicy for the best flavor and texture. You can leave the skin on or peel them – that’s personal preference. I like to peel them. If you’re using frozen peaches, let the peaches thaw completely before using them.
• Walnuts – adds a nice healthy crunch!
• Pecans – ditto.
• Vegan Butter
• Spices – cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
How To Make Healthy Peach Crisp
If you’re using frozen peach slices, take them out of the freezer to thaw completely. If you’re using fresh peaches, you can remove the skin or leave it on – that’s your preference (I like to peel them), then slice the fresh peaches. Add the peaches to the baking dish. Make the crisp topping by adding the oats, almond flour, walnuts, pecans, maple syrup, vegan butter, vanilla and spices to a bowl and mix. Pour the crisp topping on top of the peaches and bake in the oven. It’s super easy to make and nearly impossible to mess up. Once it’s done baking (the aroma is amazing), scoop yourself a big bowl, top it with ice cream and dig in!
This Healthy Peach Crisp combines the natural sweetness of ripe peaches with a crunchy oat and nut topping, creating a harmonious blend of flavors and textures. This dessert definitely captures that end-of-summer essence, giving us a chance to savor it as we embrace the changing seasons.
Cozy sweaters and pumpkin spice lattes are just around the corner as warm days turn to cool nights with s’mores and ice cream. Celebrate this time of season with this Healthy Peach Crisp that I hope you’ll love and continue coming back to — a tradition.
Healthy Peach Crisp
- 3 cups about 4-5 peaches sliced peaches, or 1 lb frozen sliced peaches (if frozen, let thaw)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the sliced peaches to a baking dish (a 7x11" dish, 8" pie dish or similar size will work).
- In a large bowl, combine all of the crisp ingredients and mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Pour the crisp mixture on top the peaches and evenly distribute using a spoon.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Then uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Serve with vegan ice cream. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so it should only be used as an approximation.