Pumpkin Stuffed Dates
These Pumpkin Stuffed Dates are filled with pumpkin puree and nut butter, drizzled with chocolate and topped with chopped pecans. Ready in 10 minutes, they are the perfect autumn sweet treat!
If you know me, you know I am absolutely addicted to dates. I eat at least one date per day for years. It’s no secret that dates are incredibly nutritious. They’re naturally sweet, loaded with antioxidants and fiber, can boost energy, strengthen bones, improve heart and brain health, improve sleep, aid in weight loss, and are low on the glycemic index – just to name a few health benefits. So, no reason to feel guilty eating a handful of these! Anyways, I’m always looking for new, fun ways to enjoy my favorite snack, and seeing as it is autumn and I’m turning all things pumpkin flavored, I just had to create these Pumpkin Stuffed Dates! Made with just 5 ingredients, they are 100% vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, no bake, and so quick and easy to make.
These Pumpkin Stuffed Dates are a delicious mix of flavors, blending the natural sweetness of the dates with the richness and creaminess of the pumpkin puree and nut butter. The rich chocolate drizzle and crunchy chopped pecans take it to the next level, completely capturing the essence of autumn.
What makes these Pumpkin Stuffed Dates even better is their effortless preparation. In just 10 minutes, you can transform a handful of simple ingredients into an irresistible dessert that will impress both family and friends. Whether you’re hosting a fall gathering or simply craving a sweet pick-me-up, these are guaranteed to leave a lasting impression.
Pumpkin Stuffed Dates Ingredients
• Medjool Dates – soft, pitted and juicy medjool dates. I always use Joolies Organic Fresh Medjool Dates. The first time I tried them I was genuinely blown away at the freshness and quality of them. Be sure to use my code: BOOBOO for money off!
• Pumpkin Puree – from a can. If you’re like me and have a bunch of leftover open pumpkin puree cans in the fridge, this is a great way to put it to use!
• Nut Butter – any nut butter will work in this recipe. I personally love almond butter, cashew butter and peanut butter paired with pumpkin. For nut allergies, you can also use seed butter such as sunflower seed butter.
• Vegan Chocolate Chips – I always use the brand Hu Chocolate. It’s made with clean ingredients that are vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. Be sure to use my code BOOBOO for a discount.
• Pecans – to garnish. They add a delightful crunch and extra nutrients, of course.
How To Make Pumpkin Stuffed Dates
1. Mix together the pumpkin puree, nut butter, and pumpkin pie spice until creamy.
2. Slice the dates in half lengthwise, making sure not to cut all the way through and split it in half. We want the date to remain intact.
3. Fill the center of each date with a spoonful of pumpkin mixture.
4. Generously drizzle the melted chocolate over each date. The more chocolate the better!
5. Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top of each date (PRO-TIP: sprinkle with flaky sea salt).
6. Place in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate sets. Enjoy!
More Date Recipes
Pumpkin Stuffed Dates
- In a small bowl mix together the pumpkin puree, nut butter and pumpkin pie spice until creamy and combined.
- Slice the dates in half lengthwise, making sure not to cut all the way through. We want the date to remain intact.
- Fill the center of each date with a spoonful of the pumpkin mixture.
- Generously drizzle the melted chocolate over each date. The more chocolate the better!
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top of each date (PRO-TIP: sprinkle on some flaky sea salt, too).
- Place in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate sets. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so it should only be used as an approximation.