Raw Snickers Bars
These Raw Snickers Bars are no bake, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free & taste like the real thing – without all the sugar.
My dreams have come true: healthy snickers bars. As a child, Reese’s was always my candy of choice, and Snickers was second. But as I got older, Snickers slowly creeped in to the number one spot. Comprised of nougat, peanuts, and caramel, and encased in a milk chocolate shell, it’s a delectable cavity in the making! As a vegan, I missed the velvety texture and creamy flavor of a Snickers bar, so I set out to create a healthier, raw version made with only plant-based ingredients. And let me tell you, these are incredible. The caramel, which is made from dates, has a very similar taste and consistency to that of traditional caramel (which is made by heating pure sugar until it caramelizes). But, instead of being made from sugar, it’s made from dates! That’s right, no sugar in this caramel.
Whenever I’m craving chocolate, which is usually a nightly occurrence, I unfailingly reach for these Raw Snickers Bars which I constantly have on hand in the freezer. Personally, I prefer these over the real thing.
Comprised of an almond flour base, a date caramel filling, crunchy peanut layer, and a coating of silky, all natural dark chocolate, these Raw Vegan Snickers are also vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, no-bake and require minimal ingredients. Not only are they much healthier for you than the traditional candy bar, but they contain wholesome ingredients that you don’t have to feel guilty for eating. Plus, the flavor is unreal. My friends and family beg me to make them – they are addicted!
• Almond Flour – to make our the base.
• Medjool Dates – to bring on the sweetness! Dates are high in fiber and great for heart health. I always use Joolies Organic Fresh Medjool Dates. The first time I tried them I was genuinely blown away at the freshness and quality of them. Shop them here and be sure to use my code: BOOBOO for money off! If you are using other dates that are hard and dry, add them to a bowl with hot water and soak them for 5-10 minutes until soft and juicy, then drain and pat dry.
• Vanilla Extract – an essential ingredient in any sweet!
How To Make Raw Snickers Bars
In a food processor, combine almond flour, peanut butter, dates, vanilla, and salt. Press this mixture into a parchment-lined pan (any size will work – I have used a 9×11 and an 8×8). Place the pan into the freezer to set. Next, in the food processor (no need to clean it!), combine dates, peanut butter, plant milk, vanilla, and salt. Process until a smooth caramel-like mixture forms, adding more plant milk as needed (it will take about 1-2 minutes). Spread this mixture over the base, then press peanuts into the caramel mixture in the pan. Place the pan back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Melt the chocolate and pour over top. Let it sit until the chocolate sets (to speed this up you can put it in the fridge). Then, cut into bars and devour – you deserve it.
These Raw Snickers Bars are kid-approved, so, make these healthy treats for you & your family to have on the weekends or pack for work/school.
More Raw Desserts:
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!
Raw Snickers Bars
- 1 cup peanuts salted or unsalted, depending on preference
- Line a 6" or 8" baking dish with parchment paper.
- If your medjool dates are dry and not moist, add them to a bowl with hot water and soak them for 5-10 minutes. Drain well.
- In a food processor, mix together all of the base ingredients. If the mixture is too crumbly/fine-grain and doesn't form together when you press it in your hands, add a drop of non-dairy milk and process again. Press the mixture into the baking dish using a spatula, then place in the freezer while you make the date caramel.1 ½ cups almond flour, ¼ cup peanut butter, 5 medjool dates, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, pinch salt
- In the food processor, combine all of the date caramel ingredients. Mix for a few minutes until it turns into a silky-smooth caramel. If needed, add more non-dairy milk to make it smooth and creamy.18 medjool dates, ¼ cup peanut butter, ¼ cup non-dairy milk, ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, pinch salt
- Spread the date caramel over the base. Sprinkle peanuts on top until the entire top is covered in peanuts and gently press the peanuts into the date caramel using the spatula so they stick and aren't moving around. Place back in the freezer for 15 minutes.1 cup peanuts
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Pour the melted chocolate on top and let it set for at least 30 minutes (to speed up this process place in the fridge).1 ½ cups vegan chocolate chips, 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Remove from the pan and cut into whatever shape/size pieces you want. I typically cut them into bars. Enjoy!
- Raw Snickers Bars last up to 2 weeks in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer in an airtight container. I keep them in the freezer and grab one (or three) whenever I'm craving them.
- Use my Homemade Peanut Butter recipe to make the peanut butter - it will take it to another level!
- I use Joolies Organic Fresh Medjool Dates. Shop here and use my code: BOOBOO for a discount.
- I use Hu Chocolate Chips. Use my code BOOBOO for a discount.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so it should only be used as an approximation.