Easy Peanut Butter Balls
A healthier twist on a family favorite holiday recipe. These crispy Peanut Butter Balls require just 7 simple ingredients.
If you’re wondering what the most popular holiday dessert is in our family, it’s these Peanut Butter Balls. They were always my favorite. I would grab a few at a time and savor them for the whole night – they were that good. But here’s the thing… they weren’t made with the healthiest ingredients. So, I set out to create a recipe made with more wholesome ingredients, and let me tell you, these taste just as good, if not better.
Peanut Butter Balls are a Christmas staple. If you haven’t had them yet, you don’t know what you’re missing out on. They couldn’t be any easier to make – they’re completely fool proof. Plus, the chocolate and peanut butter combination is unmatched, and the cocoa rice crisps add the perfect crunch.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Made with better-for-you ingredients – this recipe is 100% vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free.
- Amazing flavor – rich, indulgent and delicious. Similar to Reese’s, but better.
- Fool-proof recipe – this recipe is incredibly easy to make – anyone can make it!
- Perfect for gifting – homemade gifts are the best, and who doesn’t like chocolate? You can make these ahead of time and keep them in the fridge or freezer before giving out as gifts.
Ingredients Needed to Make Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Butter
- Almond Flour
- Cocoa Rice Crispy Cereal – I use this all natural Crispy Rice Cocoa Cereal. You can use regular Rice Krispies or your favorite crispy rice cereal.
- Maple Syrup – the all natural sweetener. You can also use agave.
- Vanilla Extract
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – I use Hu Kitchen Chocolate Chips – they’re vegan and refined sugar free. Use my discount code: BOOBOO to save money!
- Coconut Oil – make sure to use refined coconut oil as it’s neutral flavored and doesn’t taste like coconut.
How To Make Peanut Butter Balls
- Mix together the peanut butter, almond flour, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Next, fold in the cocoa rice crispies.
- Roll into balls and place on a parchment lined tray. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. They should be firm.
- Dip each truffle into the melted chocolate. Transfer to the fridge. Let the chocolate set. Dig in!
More Quick and Easy Desserts
All vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free.
Easy Peanut Butter Balls
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the peanut butter, almond flour, maple syrup and vanilla extract until combined. Fold in the cocoa rice crispy cereal.
- Scoop about 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into small balls. Place the balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
- While the balls are in the freezer, melt the chocolate by adding the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and place in the microwave for 30-second increments until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove the balls from the freezer and dip each ball into the melted chocolate, using a fork to turn and coat all sides. Place it back onto the parchment-lined tray.
- Let the chocolate set (place in the refrigerator to speed up the process) and enjoy!
- I always use Hu Kitchen Chocolate Chips since they’re vegan and refined sugar free. Use my discount code: BOOBOO to save money.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 7-10 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so it should only be used as an approximation.