This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!
Classic peanut butter blossoms but make them healthy! These cookies are made with 8 ingredients & are vegan, gluten free, oil free & naturally sweetened.
Peanut butter blossoms = the best holiday cookie. They were my favorite Christmas cookie growing up. Whenever my mom baked them on the “cookie baking day”, I would snag a few without her seeing. They are just SO good! Peanut butter and chocolate is the ultimate combo.
The soft peanut butter cookie topped with chocolate was so simple but so delicious. I had to make a healthier version of this nostalgic cookie. Let me tell you, these taste just like how I remembered (or even better). Made with just 8 better-for-you ingredients, you’ll have these infamous holiday cookies on the table in no time.
This healthier version is made without any dairy, gluten or refined sugars and is completely vegan. The cookies are made with almond flour and peanut butter. They’re perfectly soft and chewy. Instead of using a Hershey kiss on top, I use Hu Gems. If you don’t have any allergens, feel free to use Hershey kisses.
Coming from a peanut butter blossom aficionado, these are amazing. Plus, they couldn’t be any easier to make. Sometimes, if I’m feeling fancy, I like to add a drizzle of chocolate and sprinkle on some chopped peanuts to make them look even more presentable.
Ingredients Needed to Make Healthy Peanut Butter Blossoms
• Almond Flour– this helps create that super soft, melt-in-your-mouth texture.
• Oat Flour – I use certified gluten free rolled oats and blend them into a flour. It’s super easy!
• Sea Salt – just a pinch to bring out all the flavors.
• Dark Chocolate Chunks or Chips – I use Hu Kitchen Chocolate Gems, chocolate chips or chocolate chunks when making these cookies. Hu Kitchen’s chocolate is great because it’s made with clean ingredients and is refined sugar free. Use my code BOOBOO for a discount!
How To Make Healthy Peanut Butter Blossoms
Step 1: Mix together all of the ingredients until a dough forms.
Step 2: Spoon about 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a ball. Press down onto the lined baking sheet.
Step 3: Bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes. Once they’re done baking, remove from the oven and press 1 or 2 chocolate chunks into the middle of each cookie. If you want, drizzle the cookies with melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Tips and Substitutions
– Use an all natural runny peanut butter. It should be a thin consistency, not thick. The only ingredients should be peanuts and salt. I use Costco or Trader Joe’s brand, or I make my own peanut butter! If you’re allergic to peanut butter, feel free to use almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter.
– I use Hu Kitchen Chocolate Gems, chocolate chips or chocolate chunks when making these cookies. Hu Kitchen chocolate is great because it’s made with clean ingredients and is refined sugar free. Use my code BOOBOO for a discount! Enjoy Life is another great allergen-friendly chocolate brand too. If you want to use regular Hershey kisses – feel free to use those!
– Be careful handling the cookies when you take them out of the oven as they will still be soft. This is typical with almond flour baked goods. They will set as they cool on the baking sheet.