No Churn Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
A smooth & rich chocolate base with creamy peanut butter swirls – this Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream is completely vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, no churn & takes just 10 minutes to put together.
Introducing my number one indulgence and all time favorite ice cream flavor: chocolate peanut butter. I have forever been loyal to chocolate peanut butter ice cream. This ice cream takes me right back to my carefree childhood days eating a big bowl of ice cream after a long day of swimming in the summer heat. Ask my parents, it’s the only ice cream I ate as a kid. As the years have gone by, my love for this flavor has only gotten stronger. That sweet and rich chocolate flavor mixed with those nutty peanut butter swirls. In my opinion, there’s no better flavor combination than chocolate and peanut butter.
Since transitioning to a plant-based diet, it’s been difficult to find a comparable non-dairy ice cream flavor to those I remember as a kid. I’m quite picky with my ice cream. For me, ice cream should be creamy and rich, not watery and hard. While I appreciate the abundance of non-dairy ice cream options that are offered, I just haven’t been able to find one that I love. Plus, a lot of them are loaded with refined sugars and additives. Which is what prompted me to make my own homemade ice cream with whole food ingredients, so I know exactly what I’m eating.
No churn. You read that right, no fancy ice cream maker is needed to make this recipe. All you need is a blender. That’s just one great feature of this recipe. My favorite part about this ice cream is that it’s made with all natural plant-based ingredients. It’s completely vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free, but tastes just like your favorite chocolate peanut butter ice cream. It’s rich and creamy, with heavenly swirls of peanut butter delight.
So, you might be wondering, what could this ice cream be made from? If you’ve been following along with me for a while, then you know that my 5 Ingredient Healthy Fudgesicles are a summertime staple. It’s not summer without them! I got an idea one day to make a peanut butter version of my fudgesicles, but the peanut butter stuck to the side of my silicone popsicle molds (not sure how I didn’t see that coming), so I’m still working on that recipe. BUT, I scooped the ice cream from the molds and I couldn’t stop eating it. It was an instant hit of nostalgia from when I used to eat my beloved chocolate peanut butter ice cream – it tasted JUST like it, even better. My family and I were sitting there with spoons digging away at it. So, enter the idea for this ice cream and that’s exactly how this recipe came to fulfillment. I used my fudgesicle recipe as a base and voila!
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Ingredients
• Coconut Cream – I buy my coconut cream from Trader Joe’s. NOT coconut milk. Coconut cream is much thicker than coconut milk as it is essentially coconut milk with less water and it has a higher fat content, making it perfect for imitating ice cream texture. Coconut cream still retains the delicious coconut flavor so there is an underlying hint of coconut flavor, so if you don’t like coconut, this recipe might not be for you.
• Plant Milk – I would recommend oat or soy milk.
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
It’s SO easy to make this ice cream. You’ll be on your way to chocolate peanut butter ice cream land in no time. Add the can of coconut cream (give it a good shake before opening it to mix it well), plant milk, cocoa powder, peanut butter, agave, vanilla and a pinch of salt to a blender and blend until super smooth. Pour that mixture into a loaf pan and then drizzle some more peanut butter on top and swirl it throughout. Place it in the freezer for at least 6 hours to harden. Let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to thaw a little. Then scoop, serve and enjoy!
The smooth and velvety chocolate base, perfectly balanced with creamy peanut butter swirls, is pure bliss. Every spoonful is full of flavor, a delicious dance of sweetness and nuttiness. The chocolate just melts in your mouth. At last, delicious ice cream that you don’t have to feel guilty for indulging in!
Whether it’s a hot summer afternoon or a chilly winter evening, you can always find me indulging in my timeless favorite: chocolate peanut butter ice cream.
More Vegan Recipe Ideas
No Churn Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- To a blender, add the can of coconut cream (give it a good shake before opening it to mix it well), plant milk, cocoa powder, 1/4 cup peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x5 loaf pan. Drizzle the 3/4 cup of peanut butter on top and then use a knife to swirl it throughout the ice cream.
- Cover and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Let the ice cream sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before enjoying. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if desired. Then scoop, serve and enjoy!
- see blog post above for substitution ideas
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so it should only be used as an approximation.