Sweet Peach & Crispy Chickpea Kale Salad
This kale salad is made with crispy chickpeas, sliced peaches, vegan feta, chopped walnuts & dressed in a honey mustard vinaigrette.
As summer is coming to an end, I’ve been trying to blend summer and autumnal flavors into various dishes, and this Sweet Peach Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas is the perfect way to celebrate the season. I’ve been eating it on repeat. It’s full of sweet summertime flavors thanks to the peaches, with a taste of fall from the warm crispy chickpeas and crunchy walnuts. This salad provides the perfect blend of flavors and textures and features a medley of nutritious ingredients that come together to create the perfect balanced salad that you’ll be eating on repeat!
Late summer is one of my favorite times of the year. The days are perfectly warm and the nights a crisp cool, the earth is green but slowly starting to fade into autumnal orange hues and the produce at the farmers market is overflowing with the best seasonal crops (in my opinion), like tomatoes, eggplant, summer squash and of course, peaches. I’m definitely on a peach kick right now. I’ve been craving them non-stop and including them in practically every meal, which is why I had to incorporate them into a lunch dish. Now, I’m not a “fruit in a salad” type of girl, but this salad won me over. Trust me, just try it.
This salad is made with a base of nutrient-packed kale leaves. Known for its rich antioxidants and vitamins, the kale adds a delightful crunch and a hint of earthiness to every bite. To get rid of any chance of bitter taste from the kale, we’re going to massage it for about 30 seconds.
The next element of this salad is the crispy chickpeas, which are air-fried to golden brown perfection and lend a delightful crunch and a protein boost to this salad. With their deliciously nutty flavor, they provide a satisfying contrast to the tender kale leaves. The sliced peaches add a touch of juicy sweetness, balancing out the savory notes and bringing a burst of summery freshness.
To give this salad an element of creaminess to contrast the sweet and tangy, it’s sprinkled with generous crumbles of vegan feta. This plant-based cheese alternative adds creaminess and a pop of flavor. Finally, a handful of chopped walnuts is sprinkled over the top, which add a crunchy element, a dose of healthy fats and a lovely nutty flavor. And what’s a salad without a good dressing? The honey mustard vinaigrette ties all these incredible ingredients together, infusing them with a deliciously tangy and slightly sweet flavor.
Sweet Peach & Crispy Chickpea Kale Salad Ingredients
• Kale – I use curly kale and I buy it already shredded, but any kind of kale should work.
• Chickpeas – also known as garbanzo beans. I use canned for ease.
• Peach – a ripe but firm peach.
• Vegan Feta – if you aren’t vegan/dairy free, feel free to use regular dairy feta.
• Walnuts – to add a crunchy element.
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Ingredients
• Dijon Mustard
• Apple Cider Vinegar
How To Make Sweet Peach & Crispy Chickpea Kale Salad
Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and black pepper and place in an air fryer for 20 minutes, shaking every 5-10 minutes to toss the chickpeas for an even bake. Massage the chopped kale for about 30 seconds with olive oil and lemon juice to tenderize the kale. Make the salad dressing by adding all of the honey mustard vinaigrette ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until combined. Finally, assemble the salad by adding the kale, crispy chickpeas, sliced peaches, crumbled vegan feta, chopped walnuts to a salad bowl and top with the honey mustard vinaigrette. That’s it! Easy peasy.
This Kale Salad is not only delicious but also a healthy and flavorful lunch/dinner option. It’s a perfect choice for those seeking a nourishing yet satisfying meal that will leave them feeling energized and satisfied. Whether enjoyed as a light lunch, a side dish, or even the star of the show, this salad is sure to become a favorite in your home!
More Healthy Lunch Options
- Add the chickpeas to a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and black pepper. Toss to coat. Place in an air fryer at 400F for 20 minutes, shaking every 5-10 minutes to toss the chickpeas for an even bake.
- Add the chopped kale, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp lemon juice to the salad bowl and massage with your hands for about 30 seconds to tenderize the kale.
- Add all of the honey mustard vinaigrette ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Assemble the salad by adding the crispy chickpeas, sliced peaches, crumbled vegan feta, chopped walnuts to the salad bowl with the kale and top with the honey mustard vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so it should only be used as an approximation.