Easy Homemade Hummus
Easy Homemade Hummus is incredibly smooth, creamy, and bursting with flavor. Made with simple ingredients in just 10 minutes!
Hummus is easily my favorite dip/spread. The nutty flavor from the chickpeas and tahini paired with the bright lemon flavor is everything. Not only does it taste amazing but it’s healthy too – containing high amounts of several important nutrients, fiber, and protein.
I can be quite picky when it comes to hummus. I don’t like hummus that is too thick or too thin – the sweet spot for me is right in the middle. It shouldn’t drip off a carrot, but dollop off. So, I had some high standards when crafting this recipe. I can assure you that after trying this you won’t want to go back to store-bought hummus, both for the taste and for how easy it is to make, without all the preservative and unnecessary ingredients!
Ingredients – Easy Homemade Hummus
• Chickpeas – straight from the can. Many hummus recipes require you to get dry chickpeas and cook them, but there’s really no need for that. The difference in flavor is hardly noticeable in my opinion.
• Tahini – a paste made from roasted sesame seeds. This nutty paste is what makes the hummus! I like Trader Joe’s brand the best.
• Lemon – use a fresh lemon for the best flavor.
• Garlic – one small clove of garlic will take you far.
• Water – this will make it smooth and fluffy.
• Salt – to enhance the flavor.
• Paprika – for a little depth of flavor.
How to Make Easy Homemade Hummus
When I say Easy Homemade Hummus, I really mean easy. Just combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy ~ about 1-2 minutes! My food processor is linked here on Amazon – it’s a kitchen staple and a great investments. I use it all the time for several recipes here on my blog, such as my Homemade Almond Butter, and it comes with all the bells and whistles.
I garnish my hummus with a drizzle of olive oil, chickpeas, fresh parsley and a sprinkle of paprika.
Some of my favorite ways to eat this Easy Homemade Hummus are with carrots, cucumbers, celery, pita bread, on wraps, or as a dressing on a roasted veggie bowl – it’s amazing!
This hummus keeps great in the fridge and is perfect to have on hand as a snack with veggies, as a meal-prep, or as a spread/dip for when you have company.
I’m so excited for you all to try this hummus recipe! Please do leave a comment and let me know your favorite way to enjoy it! Also, what’s your favorite veggie to eat with hummus? Mine’s pita bread…. jk (maybe, maybe not)…. it’s carrots!
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!
Easy Homemade Hummus
- 1 15oz can chickpeas
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5-6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and, if desired, top with fresh chickpeas, a drizzle of olive oil, fresh parsley, and a pinch of paprika.
- Serve with warm pita bread, carrots, celery, cucumber, etc.!
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 5 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so it should only be used as an approximation.