Baked Tofu, Spinach & Chickpea Quinoa Bowl
This Baked Tofu, Spinach & Chickpea Quinoa Bowl is made with wholesome ingredients making it the perfect option for a satisfying lunch or dinner.
I’ve been eating this for lunch on repeat. My little sister begs me to make this dish (which is a win in my book!). This Baked Tofu, Spinach & Chickpea Quinoa Bowl is not only delicious but also packed with wholesome ingredients that make it the perfect option for a satisfying lunch or dinner. The combination of the protein-packed tofu and chickpeas and nutrient-rich spinach, all served over a bed of fluffy quinoa, creates a delicious blend of flavors and textures.
At the base of this bowl is quinoa a delicate and nutty grain. Quinoa is not only high in protein, but also rich in fiber, making it a health-promoting addition. On top of the quinoa is a generous portion of spinach, which is a great source of vitamins and minerals. In this recipe I sauté it with olive oil, salt, red pepper flakes and big slices of garlic to enhance the flavors. Then, I stir in some chickpeas which add even more nutritional value and a bit of bite. These legumes are an excellent source of plant-based protein, fiber, and essential nutrients, making them a wonderful addition to this power-packed bowl. PRO-TIP: if you’re ever in need of a healthy side dish, make the spinach and chickpeas and eat it as is. My grandma used to always make it for me growing up and it still remains one of my favorite side dishes. It’s so simple, incredibly delicious and very healthy!
The next layer of this dish is my go-to baked tofu. It’s easy to make and comes out perfectly golden every time. If you’re on the fence about tofu, this will make you love it! The tofu is coated in a marinate of coconut aminos (a healthier option than soy sauce), olive oil and cornstarch (to make it crispy), then baked to perfection until it achieves a crispy, golden exterior and a tender interior. Finally, we top the dish off with roasted cashews to add a bit of crunch (cause every meal needs crunch right?) and healthy fats. Now, I would categorize myself as a “sauce” girl (someone who always needs a sauce to accompany their meals), but this dish really doesn’t need one. There are so many flavors and the spinach provides enough moisture – it’s not dry at all.
Whether you’re seeking a wholesome lunch or a satisfying dinner, this recipe will definitely leave you feeling nourished and energized. So let’s get cooking.
Ingredients – Baked Tofu, Spinach & Chickpea Quinoa Bowl
• Quinoa – a great source of plant-protein and fiber.
• Spinach – this recipe uses frozen spinach since you get a lot more bang for your buck. I don’t know about you, but anything I buy a 1lb container of fresh spinach, it shrivels up into about 3 tablespoons of cooked spinach – LOL. Frozen spinach is cheaper and much easier. Just let it defrost and then dump it into the pan – no need to worry about it all disappearing.
• Chickpeas – or garbanzo beans.
• Extra Firm Tofu – my favorite tofu is Trader Joe’s extra firm high protein tofu. It’s super firm, high in protein and doesn’t require any pressing/draining.
• Cornstarch – to add a bit of crunch to the baked tofu.
• Coconut Aminos – a healthier option than soy sauce. If you don’t have coconut aminos, soy sauce or tamari will also work.
• Roasted Cashews – for topping. Adds a nice element of crunch and healthy fats.
• Seasonings – salt and red pepper flakes
How To Make Baked Tofu, Spinach & Chickpea Quinoa Bowl
This bowl is pretty easy to put together. Start by slicing the tofu, coating it in olive oil, coconut aminos and cornstarch, then bake it in the oven. While the tofu is baking, prepare the quinoa per the package instructions and make the spinach and chickpea mixture in a pan on the stove. Once everything is done, assemble the bowls and dig in! It doesn’t need a sauce, but feel free to add one if you want! I think a ranch dressing or creamy dill dressing would pair best. I usually make this meal for my sister and I and I have enough leftover for meal prep for the next day – win win.
If you’re trying to incorporate more plant-based meals / nutrient-rich foods in your diet, I highly recommend making this Baked Tofu, Spinach & Chickpea Quinoa Bowl, It’s a nourishing meal that combines all the flavors and nutritious benefits of quinoa, spinach, chickpeas, tofu, and the roasted cashews of course! If you give it a try, please leave a review below!
More Healthy Recipes
Baked Tofu, Spinach & Chickpea Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 16 oz bag of frozen spinach defrosted
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 package of extra firm tofu pressed and drained
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- roasted cashews for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the tofu into 1” cubes and toss with cornstarch, coconut aminos and 1 tbsp olive oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa per package instructions.
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat. Add 1/4 cup olive oil and sliced garlic. When the garlic starts to cook, add the defrosted spinach, salt and red pepper flakes and cook for 5-8 minutes, until the spinach is nice and soft. Then add the chickpeas and cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- Assemble the bowls by adding quinoa, spinach/chickpea mixture, baked tofu and top with roasted cashews. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so it should only be used as an approximation.