Raw Vegan Tacos
Raw Vegan Tacos are filled with a pecan “meat” and topped with the freshest ingredients that make them burst with flavor!
Raw. Vegan. Gluten-free. These tacos changed the game for me. They aren’t exactly like traditional tacos: warm, meaty, heavy. Rather, they are light, vibrant, and fresh, but still contain all those classic taco seasonings and flavors. Since they are raw, they are cold. But trust me, that doesn’t even matter when they taste SO good. Further, they come together in less than 20 minutes and there is no cooking involved – just preparing.
Can you believe the meat is made from pecans? Who would have thought. It even looks like real meat. But the taste is so fresh and delicate.
Raw Vegan Tacos Ingredients
• Pecans – the base of the taco “meat”. Pecans are high in the right type of fats – monounsaturated – which is beneficial for heart health. Pecans are also a great source of calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
• Red Bell Pepper – to add some flavor to the taco “meat”.
• Red Onion – a staple ingredient. What are tacos without red onion?
• Tamari – it adds some umami flavor and depth to the taco “meat”. Feel free to substitute soy sauce.
• Taco Seasoning – here’s where things get traditional! Grab your favorite taco seasoning or make your own. I use Siete taco seasoning as it’s made with the cleanest ingredients and brings on the heat.
• Garlic Powder – another staple ingredient.
• Lime Juice – for some tang and added freshness to the taco “meat”.
• Romaine Lettuce – since these are raw tacos, romaine lettuce leaves replace taco shells.
Raw Vegan Tacos Toppings
• Mange de Gallo – this fresh and tropical mix completely elevates these tacos! Made with fresh mango, jalapeño, and red onion – you are going to want to put this on everything! Feel free to make a traditional pico de gallo, but I highly suggest you try this – the addition of mango is everything and pairs incredibly well!
• Guacamole – my all time favorite taco topping.
• Vegan Sour Cream – I loooove sour cream on tacos.
• Cashew Parm – you might be thinking… parmesan on tacos? Trust me, it’s a game changer. You can’t knock it til you try it!
How To Make Raw Vegan Tacos
Super easy. First, soak the pecans. Then, simply add all the taco meat ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times. Don’t overdo it, we do not want mushy taco meat – we want to leave some texture and structure. Finally, prepare all your toppings and assemble away!
This is my go-to meal to make in the summer, especially. They are so light and bursting with flavor. Have a taco night with your family or friends and dig into the world of healthy, raw tacos!
These Raw Vegan Tacos are hearty, wholesome, nutritious and delicious (dig my rhyming?)
More Vegan Dinner Recipes:
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!
Raw Vegan Tacos
Mango de Gallo
- ⅓ cup red onion diced
- 1 mango diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup cashews
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- romaine lettuce leaves
- vegan Sour Cream
- Soak pecans in 3 cups of water for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Make the Cashew Parm by adding all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until crumbled. Set aside.
- Make the Mango de Gallo by adding all of the ingredients to a bowl and mixing. Set aside.
- To a food processor, add all of the Taco Meat ingredients. Pulse a few times until well incorporated but still has some texture and structure. Taste and adjust for seasonings
- Fill each romaine lettuce leaf with Taco Meat, Mango de Gallo, guacamole, vegan sour cream, and Cashew Parm, plus other desired toppings. Enjoy!
- The Raw Vegan Taco meat will last in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 5 days. Perfect for meal prep.
- Recipe inspired by Tabitha Brown.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so it should only be used as an approximation.