Vegan Chai Donuts
These Vegan Chai Donuts are like a warm hug in a donut. Made with a mix of chai spices, they are comforting, easy to make and ready in just 25 minutes!
Chai lattes have been my go-to drink of choice for years now. The neat but rather mysterious thing about getting a chai latte is that it tastes slightly different at every coffee shop you go to. I like a perfect blend of spices, not too much ginger or too much cardamom. One time I ordered a chai latte at a local coffee shop and it just tasted like pure ginger. It was too spicy!
These donuts contain the perfect blend of chai spices and, surprise, pair perfectly with a warm chai latte (or iced). They are baked, not fried, making them a healthier alternative. Cozy up by the fire, put on the kettle, and enjoy these warm, delicious, donuts which are perfect for the fall and the cozy feelings it brings with it.
To make the donuts, simply whisk all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the wet ingredients and mix. Then, pipe into a donut pan and bake. Finally, make the super simple icing and dip the donuts in one by one. Serve with a chai latte or your cozy drink of choice.
With fall just around the corner (3 days away!), it’s the perfect time to bake up a batch of these Vegan Chai Donuts. They’re cozy, with a hint of spice, and guilt-free!
If you’re on a fall kick like me, be sure to check out my Vegan Cinnamon Roll Loaf for another dessert that’s infused with those classic autumn flavors.
Vegan Chai Donuts
- ¾ cup + 1 teaspoon non-dairy milk oat, soy, almond, etc.
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons oil vegetable, canola or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and lightly grease a mini donut pan.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk until combined.1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon all spice, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.¾ cup + 1 teaspoon non-dairy milk, ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag or ziplock back with a hole cut at the bottom and pipe into the donut pan. Fill each cavity about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the donuts cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then, remove the donuts and place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by whisking all the icing ingredients together in a small bowl. Add more non-dairy milk as needed, but the icing should be relatively thick, it should slowly fall off the whisk.2 cups powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon non-dairy milk, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Dip the donuts into the icing. Top with chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Store donuts in the fridge or pantry in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so it should only be used as an approximation.