Healthy Banana Bread Bars
Healthy Banana Bread Bars are rich, decadent & melt-in-your-mouth delicious. An easy treat made with healthy ingredients that are vegan, gluten free, oil free & refined sugar free.
Anyone else randomly get a major craving for banana bread? Yup, same. Now, I’m sure this next statement is even more weird, but does anyone else prefer things in bar form? Call me crazy but sometimes I think certain foods taste better in bar form, which is why you’ll see I adapt a lot of recipes into “bars” (see my Samoa Bars recipe). In this case, I can assure you that these Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bars taste even better than a slice of banana bread.
These bars are incredibly moist. Since they are in bar form, they make for a convenient grab & go snack, breakfast, or dessert (sometimes we need a grab & go dessert, right?).
Oftentimes making a whole banana bread can seem daunting, so this recipe is a great compromising solution that’s just as delicious.
I’m always aspiring to create healthy recipes that are made with wholesome ingredients but taste like they aren’t – you know what I mean? Well, I think I succeeded with these. Made without dairy, eggs, gluten, refined sugars or oil, these bars are made with nourishing ingredients that you don’t have to feel guilty for eating. A healthy snack that tastes like dessert? Sign me up!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bars are not only healthy but they taste amazing too! The base is moist and fudgy while the peanut butter adds just enough sweetness without being overwhelming. The chocolate chips and walnuts give these bars an extra burst of flavor while also making them look pretty.
These bars are the best of both worlds. They have the texture of a super moist banana bread combined with a chewy chocolate chip blondie — perfectly sweet but still nutritious. They also happen to be incredibly easy to make. All you need is one bowl and about 15 minutes of your time until you pop them in the oven.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bars Ingredients
- Bananas – using ripe bananas is a must in this recipe since it adds sweetness, flavor and texture. I also love the fact that it’s an excellent source of potassium, vitamin C and fiber.
- Peanut Butter – use an all natural peanut butter that has a thin, runny consistency. If you have a peanut allergy, feel free to substitute a different nut butter such as almond butter, cashew butter, etc.
- Coconut Sugar – our all natural sweetener.
- Non-Dairy Milk – any non-dairy milk will work: almond milk, soy milk, oat milk. I prefer soy milk.
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Flour – make sure to use blanched almond flour. I do not recommend substituting for another flour.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – I always use the brand Hu Chocolate – it’s made with clean ingredients and my all-time favorite chocolate! Be sure to use my code BOOBOO for a discount.
How To Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bars
The first step is to mash up the bananas. Then, mix in the peanut butter, non-dairy milk and vanilla extract. Next, stir in the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Fold in the vegan chocolate chips. Top with more vegan chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Finally, pop them in the oven!
They are the perfect treat to have on hand for a quick snack, breakfast on the go, or for whenever you get a sweet tooth. These bars are great for breakfast on the go since they keep well at room temperature. Taking a road trip anytime soon? Pack these bars and your fellow travelers will praise you.
I can assure you that these bars will be gone in no time – so make sure you save, print, pin, or bookmark this recipe to make over and over again!
More Sugar-Free Recipes Recipes You’ll Love
- No Bake Samoa Bars (vegan, gluten free)
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Blondies (vegan, gluten free)
- No Bake Snickers Bars (vegan, gluten free)
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bars
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup peanut butter or other nut butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups almond flour blanched
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts for topping
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. (I have not tried this recipe with a greased pan, so I'm not sure how that would work).
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Then add the peanut butter, coconut sugar, non-dairy milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Add in the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined, then fold in the 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the lined baking dish and spread out evenly, using a spatula or butter knife to even out the top. Sprinkle with walnuts and 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and let cool on a wire rack, using the parchment paper to pick them up, until they have cooled completely. Though tempting, it is super important to let them cool completely before eating them. They need proper time to set since they are made with almond flour.
- Once fully cooled, cut into squares and serve! They will firm up more as they sit.
- I always use the brand Hu Chocolate - it's made with clean ingredients and my all-time favorite chocolate! Be sure to use my code BOOBOO for a discount.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so it should only be used as an approximation.