Edible Cookie Dough
This Edible Cookie Dough is vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free, coming together in 5 minutes. Sweet, creamy & guilt-free!
To be honest, I prefer raw cookie dough over baked cookies. Anyone else agree with me? Don’t get me wrong, I love a cookie straight out of the oven, but a spoonful of creamy cookie dough just hits the spot. I’m sure we all took a spoonful of the nestle cookie dough tub while growing up, and then got yelled at because it wasn’t safe to do so, but we still did it. Well, this Edible Cookie Dough is safe to eat raw since it doesn’t contain any eggs or flour.
Not only is this Edible Cookie Dough delicious, but it’s basically healthy! Made with vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free ingredients, it’s sweetened with maple syrup and you don’t have to feel guilty eating this by the spoonful. So let’s all grab our Healthy Vegan Cookie Dough, switch on Netflix, and enjoy!
• Vegan Butter – I use the Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks.
• Vanilla Extract – a cookie dough essential.
• Sea Salt – to bring out all the flavors!
How To Make Edible Cookie Dough
It’s so simple and takes less than 5 minutes. Simply combine all the ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) in a bowl and mix together until smooth and creamy. Then, add the chocolate chips and mix through. Et voila – you can eat it right away!
How To Make Edible Cookie Dough Truffles
To take this Edible Cookie Dough to the next level, roll them into balls and dip them in chocolate and you have your very own Cookie Dough Truffles! These are a hit at my house around the holidays.
First, make the Edible Cookie Dough. Then, spoon out about 1-2 tbsp of the cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and pop them in the freezer for at least an hour or overnight. Once they’re frozen, add the following to a small bowl: 1 cup vegan dark chocolate (chips, bar or chunks) and 1 tbsp coconut oil, refined and melt in the microwave in 30-sec increments until completely melted. Dip each truffle into the chocolate and use a fork to turn and coat all sides, then scoop it out and place back onto the parchment-lined tray. Repeat until are all completed coated. Place them in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened. Makes 12 truffles.
This recipe is such a great and healthy treat to have on hand. It comes together so quick and stores perfect in the refrigerator for up to a week.
More Vegan & Gluten Free Dessert Ideas:
Edible Cookie Dough (vegan + gluten free)
- Combine all ingredients besides the vegan mini chocolate chips in a mixing bowl and mix with a spoon or spatula until well combined.
- Add the vegan mini chocolate chips and mix through.
To Make Cookie Dough Truffles
- Follow steps 1 & 2 above.
- Roll into balls and place on a parchment lined baking tray and freeze for at least 1 hour or overnight. This recipe should make 12 truffles.
- Once the truffles are frozen, add 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of refined coconut oil to a bowl and melt in the microwave in 30-second increments until completely melted.
- Dip each frozen truffle into the bowl of melted chocolate and use a fork to turn and coat all sides, then scoop it out and place back onto the parchment-lined tray. Repeat until are all completed coated.
- Place the truffles in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so it should only be used as an approximation.